.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Secret Underwater Base

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Summer? Where did you go?

Somewhere, back there... in those weeks and months gone by, summer disappeared. Today was the first day of school for many - which means that in what feels like a few days, it will be winter.

I'm still wearing shorts, but I'm not gonna lie - as I sit here right now, my ankles are cold. Feels like its too soon to give into the option of jeans. Suffering through cold days in shorts in the spring is heroic - you serve as a beacon to others that better days lie ahead. Suffering through cold days in the autumn is also a role to be respected - you show others that things aren't that bad. Summer is still here. If that guy is still wearing shorts, then everything is alright.

Yes. I am that guy. The guy wearing shorts and flip flops in April and October.

But when I sit on the couch, I hide in a blanket.

Sweatblog: Last night was a 5 miler that turned into 6... Cruise control was in order. Tonight is scheduled for a minimum of 10 miles, but I feel like doing more. This is the last huge week (close to 60 miles) before a taper begins in earnest next week. 25 days to go. can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home