.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Secret Underwater Base

Friday, September 01, 2006

Happy Trails

Wow - holy sweatblog batman. I was digging through some old blog posts, not for the sake of retroactively reading my own mind, but more for ideas on how to layout archives in a CMS, and I realized that the sweatblog nature of this blog isn't such a bad thing. I am more than aware that this often spirals into a recounting of repeated footsteps, strung together to somehow achieve some sort of universal meaning... but in re-reading posts, I am able to see where I was at last year, preparing for the same marathon as I am now.

So until further inspiration inspires, lets recount the paces in the sand.

This week, with recovery in mind, I hit the trails. There is something about chasing rabbits and jumping roots that makes things more interesting. Is it possible to maintain a recovery week pace when a wooded trail of rolling hills suddenly leads to a lake-reflected sunset? I haven't found any evidence of this possibility, nor have I felt the effects of overzealous pace during a stepback week. Both Wednesday and Thursday were trailbound... and for tomorrow's 10k, I may well go back.

That is, unless, the tropical storm formerly known as "Ernest goes to hurricane camp" rains on my parade. My Mizuno's are nearly in their afterlife, treads worn from a summer of hard work... there are fresh ones waiting in the box... but I don't think I am ready to subject my dear friends to deep mud.

Soundtrack: runcasts.
Phedippidations
Running from the Reaper
Endurance Radio
Burning Twenty

chaz - lets do up SB.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home