.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Secret Underwater Base

Monday, August 07, 2006

Bulletproof... I wish I was

I have always thought that 2 am was the perfect time of day. Each night, I would go to sleep, hoping to wake up at 2 am. I would lie awake and stare at the stars on my cieling. No matter what had happened the day before, or was to come the next day, 2 am was invincible. Nothing can touch you at 2 am; deadlines lose their looming, failures fail to fail. If you lost everything, had nothing left to your name, you would still have 2 am.

Went for a midnight 4 miler tonight. The moon was almost full, casting a metallic glow on the lake. I turned the volume down low, so I could hear my feet crunching and my breath breathing. I realized that its not 2 am that is invincible. Midnight can be invincible too. If you lost everything, and had nothing left to your name, you would still have you.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home