.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Secret Underwater Base

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Sleep is for the Weekend

Last week, I wrote that 2 am was invincible. Here I am at 3am - I suppose 3 am is an insomniac. I figured I'd update, just to keep the few faithfuls up to date.

This week is a mega recovery week - last week's speed was tempered during Sunday's long slow distance. The last few miles were ugly, with that feeling of impending muscle breakdown creeping in. Every marathoner knows the feeling; the mild ache that accompanies each footstrike, the tightening of hamstrings, deadening of quads and numbness of mind. Ah, the wall; the brink of meltdown. When approached with slow controlled pace, you can balance on the edge and stare deep into its abyss without its deleterious and devastating effects. When approached in Ottawa last May, we all know I took a fearless nosedive into its blackness, landing on my knees and crawling through its grasp. Each time I get there in training now, the extra experience will hopefully prevent further meltdowns from happening.

Monday was a 4 mile recovery run, which ended up being more of a 2 mile run + extra useless jogging. Dead legs. Tonight's 6 miles happened, nothing fast, nothing special... legs are slowly coming back to life.

Tomorrow looks like it will be a day of XHTML; hopefully a design will take shape. Fun new project, I will disclose more later. For the work, I needed a new soundtrack. How's this for balance:

The Roots - Game Theory
The Decemberists - The Crane Wife

Also - a new microphone has arrived. Podcasting will take on a whole new life. Sleep is for the me.

1 Comments:

  • Hey man...

    Drop me an e-mail when you get the chance... I'm off iChat for quite some time so e-mail or MSN is the way to go!

    - tobbi

    By Blogger Tobbi G., at 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home