.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Secret Underwater Base

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Midnight is where the day begins

Just a quick post, to keep up the habit.

I am having a neildiesel night - well, not really... but I am watching a replay of West Ham vs Aston Villa. Just checked bbc to see when the game actually took place - and i saw the score. whoops.

Did my peak long run tonight. A 22 miler, 3 weeks out from marathon day. Did the first 8 miles solo, then grabbed Flicker for the final 14. Got the nutrition bang on - 3 gels and some of those delicious jelly belly sport beans ( think of salty gatorade flavoured jelly beans.... ). Finished in 3 hours flat, with no wall hitting to speak of. Temperature was perfect, no humidity - can't wait for the real day. Glad my 60 mile week is over too.

Tapering now starts slowly - recovery run tomorrow if my legs will take it. Surely they will be ok.

Soundtrack - New London Fire - Digital EP 2 (its free online, and its awesome. 2 new songs and 2 album songs. go get it).

I know there will be no more goals tonight, 1-1 draw... whats that they say about kissing your sister? oh ya, its gross.

PS - great post Sekk. keep on pedalling, my icelandic ninja brother

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home