.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Secret Underwater Base

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Slow Down!

Next time I ever start to think that my old shoes are still comfortable - shake me until I come to my senses. The next time I wax philosophic about the worn treads being one with the pavement, the holes in the upper allowing the shoes to breathe like a true organism, or make a witty homophonic comparison of soles and souls (no, the homophone is not some metrosexual version of the iPhone.... look it up).... remind me...

My new shoes have wings. I swear.

5 mile run tonight, and it was a struggle to keep my splits slower than 7:30/mile


I <3 Mizuno Wave Creation 7

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • Maybe if I got a pair of Creations I would also be able to run effortlessly and without injury.

    Have you ever been the "whiny injured runner"?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:09 PM  

  • Been injured before - but dont think I've been whiny :)

    Or maybe thats just selective memory. I've left my hill workout until 11pm tonight for some reason, not pleased about that... but off I go.

    What is the injury?

    By Blogger sobe, at 8:04 PM  

  • Hills at 11? You're so die-hard.

    Oh, the shins... story of my life right now. And some funny, small, knee muscle that I can't remember the name of. It's nice to have a friend who's a chiropractor, though. I'll be fixed up soon... but probably not soon enough to make my next running goal. Oh wells, more time for studying.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home