.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Secret Underwater Base

Thursday, March 15, 2007

March Madness

Each year, I look forward to the month known as March Madness. Those two words conjure up so many memories of heroes, idols, dreams and heartbreaks that only a fellow addict can relate.

Today was the day.. the day the 64 start their dance. Unfortunately, I spent my day doing a dance of my own. A dance of fury and frustration; first scrambling all day to get a project out the door ASAP, and making some pretty art in the process.... and then pulling it all down due to a confusion in the ranks of my superiors. It was a true Fatboy Slim tune - Build it up, Tear it down.

Had to stay at work late to make sure that it all came down properly. It was like detonating an old building - you can light the fuse, but you still should stick around to make sure no one gets buried in the rubble. In the end, I worked 9-6:30, with no lunch. In the rush of it all, I only managed to catch the end of the VCU Duke game, but seeing the white boys on the blue devils lose in the first round made it a worthwhile day 1.

After a long day of minimal food and an overall lack of sleep, I felt zero motivation to run. I did a 16 miler on Sunday, and some resulting discomfort forced me to take a couple days off. Ran 4 miles last night, and tonight was almost another miss. But I made it happen... slowly but surely put on the running gear, and dragged myself out the door. Listened to the latest Phedippidations and knocked down 6 miles...

The afterglow was fantastic - making the rest of my day seem insignificant, but after a bit of a cooling down period, I am ready for a night of black, unconscious sleep.

Tomorrow is Friday - and it can't get here fast enough. Bring on the Madness, but keep it out of my head.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home