.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Secret Underwater Base

Saturday, April 07, 2007

One week later

What a differnce a week can make. Last week, I was in the midst of the inpenetrable blahs of a recovery week, and this week is cruise control. I shouldn't speak too soon, as most of my mileage is ahead of me, but so far - things are looking up.

5.5 miles on Monday, a 10 miler on Tuesday (6 with flicker), 5 on Wednesday, and an endorphon laced 45 minute tempo on Thursday. The weather has been as bad as was advertised... cold and rainy. The average high for this time of year is 10 C, and we're sitting at a balmy -2 C. Hey Al Gore .... I believe you and everything... but send some of your warming this way.

10 miler on tap tonight, which will take place indoors. New shoes + treadmill feels like running on clouds.

20 miles tomorrow look daunting, but more because of the weather than anything. High of 4C and snow in the forecast ... how motivating.

The meth lab is no longer a meth lab... went on a serious metro binge the last two days... yesterday was cleaning and laundry. Today was spending - dishes, curtains, clothes. Necessary.

The snow accumulating on the roof outside my window makes me feel like watching baseball. Not really. Jays are up early against the D-Rays... If its this cold in Iowa, I hope Shoeless Joe has a warm jacket.

Soundtrack tonight is a heavy dose of Placebo. Started with Black Market Music, and letting it shuffle from there.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home