.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Secret Underwater Base

Saturday, March 03, 2007

This Transmission Is Coming To You....

From the meth lab. No - painting is not yet complete, but I moved my stuff up anyways. The increased space is fantastic, I want to yell - just to hear the echo.

The subtitle to this post is

"SWEDEN WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME"



Spent a good hour disassembling my desk and bringing it here.. up the stairs, around every 90 degree corner. Had it all laid out on the floor, ready to go at it, when I realized that this is IKEA, and the particles in particle board must be all the same charge... as they seem to repel eachother at every juncture where cohesion is important. After several attempts to resurrect the formerly freestanding desk, I was reminded of the density of particle board - and the strength of my own skull. The desk that had served me so well, for so many years, finally came crashing down. On my head.

Since every artist formerly known as a screw-hole is torn to shreds, the desk remains in pieces.

But - its a new meth lab, its a new era, and there is now a new desk that will serve as the console of the future. A sweet pine table. And a new soundtrack - the new Fountains of Wayne... Traffic and Weather. oink!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home