.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Secret Underwater Base

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Mid-program drudgery

Today's run was so blah. Unbelievably blah. So blah that, under any other circumstances, I would be disappointed. But, based on the circumstances, I'll just let it slide.

4°C and rainy, one week after a 30km race, did 800m repeats on Friday... that all adds up to seriously blah conditions. I hammered out an unremarkable 10 miles and came home to recuperate. Opened up iCal and mapped out the weeks to come, all culminating in the day I get revenge on Ottawa... May 27th.

I'm slightly nervous about being overtrained right now. The weather forecast for this week doesnt look overly promising.. cold and rainy straight through.

4 day week at work coming up... gonna take advantage and get some extra sleeeeep. 20 miler next Sunday... sleep is my biggest ally right now.

Also - gonna start breaking in a new pair of Mizuno Creations. Right now they feel like plastic.. but the old ones feel like mush. I should just pay someone to walk around in these things all week. Any takers?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • The new Creations (I'm assuming you got the new ones? Infinity 8s?) take a bit to break in but once you do they're fantastic (or so I've been told). Plus they look super awesome. Best of luck with your training, sounds like you're coming along great.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:56 PM  

  • not the newest Creations (yet).... These are a pair that I got in the fall before my appendix exploded :)

    Got them from Holabirdsports.com

    Now that I'm breaking in the new ones, I will get a pair of Creation 8's - they look fast.

    By Blogger sobe, at 1:23 PM  

  • Well, you know what they say, if a shoe looks fast it must make you faster! "They" might just be me but whatever... it's true!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home