.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Secret Underwater Base

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Allegro (I hate running where there are lots of buildings)

Awesome Sunday... and most of it was spent outside. even better.

Woke up and Chazzy reminded me that it was Earth Day - well, he showed me the Google Doodle, and that reminded me.

I was supposed to do work today, like real work... but when the sun shines, and adventure lies outside the house, if work doesn't get done, maybe thats a good thing. Barely watched any of the NBA playoffs... barely saw any pixels on a computer screen... barely saw the inside of the house. CC always talks about these "away from technology" days, and man, it felt good. Definitely gonna do it more often.

M and I grabed rakes, and ho's (insert Don Imus joke here... ) and went to town on the disaster that is the backyard of the meth lab. Years of being ignored turned it into a briar patch of raspberry vines (thorned tentacles of death if you ask me), dead grass, dead trees and general broken-down things. Put in a solid afternoon of it, and it looks somewhat respectable now. A trip to purchase green, pretty, flowery things will make it look that much better.

Then I washed off most of the mud, cleaned up my raspberry thorn wounds, and took off on a 20 miler. Felt great, used CarbBOom gels instead of Accel, and they were so much more palatable. I'd link to CarbBoom, but its late, and you can google search it instead.

20 miles in 2hrs 44 min. 4-5 miler scheduled for tomorrow at noon... will be good to stretch out tired legs and brighten up my day.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home