.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Secret Underwater Base

Monday, January 15, 2007

The first coat is the deepest

The snow did arrive, but brought with it ice pellets and dark skies. The whole day was blustery and cold - not that I'd know really, I spent much of it inside. Got up at the crack of 10am and started the day by sanding windows and doors upstairs. It used to be all bare wood, not "nice" bare wood, but the dark ugly wood stain that was cool when it was cool to have wood panelling on everything. Aka: it was ugly. So I sanded, washed and primed until my hands were raw... finally taking a break for a late lunch and a nap on the couch.

Went out tonight with R-Mac and M to look at kitchen things... and not much was accomplished. May or may not happen. We bought 3 cans of paint though, swiss coffee for the living room and some "romance" for my office. I dunno who named the paint, but their romance was a shade of white/grey...

Came home and fully intended to relax, but with the Golden Globes occupying that small black thing I never turn on (te-le-vis-sion), I was lured upstairs to paint some more. Got a full coat of the sweet swiss coffee on the living room, and not a speck on the blazing white ceilings. Looks great.

Tomorrow will be more of the same - sanding, washing, and painting my office. Bring on the romance.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home