.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Secret Underwater Base

Thursday, July 21, 2005

A night at the races...

Spent a lot of the day today driving. Had to go visit family visiting the country from a land far far away. On the way home, drove the course of the Prince Edward County Marathon, for which I am registered this year. I got in on the early registration discount... saved 10 or 15 bucks, got a free long sleeve Brooks shirt, and most importantly, jacked up the motivation to keep the training insane. After the day in the car, my legs felt like ADD kids watching the history network.... ready to move. Laced up the shoes, grabbed the Shuffle and blasted out 3 miles. I like to use Thursdays as a day to burn excess carbon out of the engine... and tonight I hit the red zone. Last week, I did the 3 in 19:08... this week, despite still being a little used up from the assault on the cottage, I did it in 18:44. So things are looking good. Gotta get that time down to 18 flat by the end of the summer.

Props to tobbi... Foo Fighters - Monkeywrench really pushed me tonight.

Tonight feels like a night for Springsteen. Spinning the new disc, Devils and Dust.

Thats it for now. out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home