.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Secret Underwater Base

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Assault on the cottage complete

Decided on Sunday that I'd do it. Packed up some water and energy... strapped on the Shuffle and headed out. Temp was up around 30 C, bright sun... humidex hit 38 C; found it hard to stay hydrated. Stopped a few times along the way to buy water/Gatorade. Ended up pouring a lot of it over my head (water, not Gatorade) to keep cool.

31 km later I was there. Feet were a little sore, legs felt pretty used up, but overall I felt pretty damn good. Took yesterday off, gonna run short tonight.

Now a quick music update:

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! - self titled album. One of my favourite albums of the summer. Influences all over the place... OK Computer Radiohead one moment, some Bob Dylan harmonica the next... favourite track: "The Skin of my Yellow Country Teeth".... has that awesome hop along shimmery beat that Bloc Party has been rockin me with all year.

Vive La FĂȘte - Schwarzkopf. Sweet french electro. Similar to Ladytron. I like it.

thats all for now.
out

PS - For the hell of it, added an RSS feed to the site . I just like the blue button in Safari RSS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home