.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Secret Underwater Base

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Runblog

Its been awhile since I posted about running. Didn't wanna bore diesel too much ;)

First off.... props to screamer on his first race today... ran a 5k in 23:10. Nice work my man!!

I think I'll run a 5k tomorrow morning, for a few reasons. It looks like it will be another perfect late summer (yeah, i'm not about to call it autumn yet) Sunday, so 5k of adrenaline will be a nice way to start the day. The race is the same course as the 5k that I ran to start this crazy summer of mileage, way back in March for St patricks day. Did that one in 20:50 i think... but that was cold and ugly..and not in shape. So tomorrow will be a nice way to gauge how far I've made come since then; I should be able to go under 20 minutes.

Secondly, tomorrow is the last day before the pre-big race taper! Did 8.5 miles tonight, then tomorrow I'll race in the morning, and do another long run in the evening, and then from here on out its all about getting rested up for the marathon on Oct 2. 75% week 1, 50% week 2 and then 25% on the last week. I've finally transitioned into running in the Mizunos that I bought way back when... there was a little incident that I'll refer to as Blistergate that sort of derailed some footwear plans, but everything seems ready for liftoff now. Mizunos are light, and fast.

Was such a hot day today, all of a sudden its cool, and dark. Smelled woodsmoke when I was running back into town; almost felt like winter.

Got another album by Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers, so that will be spinning tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home