.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Secret Underwater Base

Friday, September 09, 2005

Leopard Skin, Let the Record Spin

Its that time again... when we grab the ultra high tech scientific sound sampling equipment to quickly catch the soundwaves contained in the bubbles that gurgle up from our top secret HQ.

Kanye West - Diamonds from Sierra Leone. I never thought I'd repost a soundwave... but damn. this just sounds so ... expensive...

Kasabian - L.S.F. (Lost Souls Forever)... the song Hope on REM's album UP was always a favourite of mine. This song sort of reminds me of that... sorta like an indie michael stipe on top of some Death In Vegas discarded track from the Contino Sessions.

Depeche Mode - Precious. Grabbed this one off iTunes. A few years back, I woke up to the clock radio in a hotel room. For a second, I had no idea where I was.... tinny sound coming out of a black box, blinking red lights... dark synthetic beats... Dave Gahan's sophisticated vocals... I was in Vienna, at a posh airport hotel... and the song was "I Feel Loved" from 2001's Exciter. This new single takes me back, like a sequel. Can't wait for the new album.

The Sounds - Rock'n'Roll. God Bless Sweden. Pop music is dead, long live pop music.

INXS - Mediate. From Live Baby Live... all this brutal reality TV about replacing Hutch. There is no replacement. No gong show can replace him. Also listening to Slide away...the collab between Bono and Hutchence...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home