.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Secret Underwater Base

Monday, December 26, 2005

Big Brother

Big Brother watched me run today. Satellites followed my every step... well, it screwed up a few steps... they thought i went left, when i really went right. I guess ninjas are even able to dodge satellites, which is good to know should I ever find myself trying to skirt the authorities.

Testing the Garmin ForeRunner 301, and i am very impressed. GPS, heart rate... hell, it even has a stopwatch!! Because the included logbook software has Win 98 listed in its minimum requirements, the included CD might as well be a frisbee to me. But a simple google search reveals several open source and shareware GPS software solutions for OS X. Haven't tried any yet, but tomorrow I will. I wanna try out MacGPS Pro, but they have no demo. I'm not gonna pay $60 for something based on screenshots... I'll have to test some different ones first.

The possibilities here sound too good to be true. If you pair up Google Maps with these GPS programs and handhelds.. you get caches of running routes! Going to a city? download a bunch of new maps before you go... test out the route with the most stars in the user review, or the best hills around. Is this already happening? I freakin' hope so. Point me in the right direction!!! If not, then damn...might as well make some anti-freeze iPod headphones while you're making this mapping solution happen... and again, i'll see you in court!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home